Your privacy is important to us. Please read on carefully as to your personal information that we will collect, record, hold, store, disclose, transfer and use.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant or necessary for the purposes for which your information was collected.
Daikin is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, please contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) through our Contact Us
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Withdrawal of Consent
- Updating Your Personal Information
- Accessing & Security of Your Personal Information
- Collection of Computer Data
- Spam, Spyware and Virus
- Additional Questions
1. Collection of Personal Information
- When you create a Daikin e-proshop account, or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Platform, the personal information we collect may include the following –
- Address: to deliver or install products to fulfil the transactions
- Type of Residence
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- The personal information we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third-party sellers), for some or all of the following purposes –
- To process orders you submit through the Platform.
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account (if any) with us; audit the downloading of data from the Platform; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and customise them for users; identify visitors on the Platform; carry out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour; provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or about third parties, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- When you register an account with Daikin or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Platform, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing, advertising and promotional information from Daikin Airconditioning (Singapore) Pte Ltd and its affiliates, and hereby authorise and consent Daikin Representatives to send me marketing, advertising and promotional information relating to Daikin’s products, services and activities, and/or products, services and activities of third parties of Daikin (Singapore for the purpose of Marketing via SMS, Email, Direct Mailer and phone. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us and from our related companies; and
- In some circumstances, Daikin may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
- Daikin may share your personal information with third parties and our affiliates for the abovementioned purposes, specifically, completing a transaction with or for you, managing your account and our relationship with you, marketing and fulfilling any legal or regulatory requirements and requests as deemed desirable or necessary by Daikin. In sharing your personal information with them, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal information secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks. Personal data may be retained for one or more of the purposes for which it is collected remains valid.
- In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, Daikin will try to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the PDPA.
3. Withdrawal of Consent
- You may communicate your objection to our continued use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
- Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use, continued use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
- Please further note that should you communicate your objection to our use, continued use and/or disclosure of your personal information, it is likely to take some time before such objection is taken note of and implemented.
4. Updating Your Personal Information
- You may update your personal information at any time by accessing your account on the Platform. If you do not have an account with us, you can do so by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
- We take steps to share the updates to your personal information with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal information if your personal information is still necessary for the above stated purposes
5. Accessing & Security of Your Personal Information
- You may, if you wish, view the personal information we have on you or inquire about the ways in which your personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by Daikin within the past year. Please contact us at our e-mail address below to do so. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information records.
- Daikin will endeavour to ensure that all information collected will be safely and securely stored, including the usage of industry-standard technology. We protect your personal information by –
- Daikin will not sell any personal data. However, Dakin may share our personal data with our affiliates or third parties for the purpose of which the personal data was collected for.
- Restricting access to personal information;
- Implementing and maintaining suitable technology to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose.
- If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Daikin, please contact us at our e-mail address below.
- Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your password with anyone. The safekeeping of your password is YOUR responsibility. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to Daikin. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account, close the browser and clear the cache, when finished, if using a shared computer.
6. Collection of Computer Data
- When you visit the Platform, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website.
This data may include –
- Your computer’s IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our Platform
- The pages within the Platform which you have visited
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide.
- Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow us to recognize a particular device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly, and to make our Services and Platform more convenient and useful to you. You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. For more information on how to do so, visit the help material of your browser or device.
- Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our Service and the Platform. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
- Daikin may implement “cookies” to allow us to collect and share any information that will aid in improving our Daikin e-proshop platform for products and services we offer, or to help us offer new services and features.
8. Spam, Spyware and Virus
Spam, spyware or virus are not allowed on Platform. Please set and maintain your communication preferences so that we may try to send communications as per your preference. You should not send any messages which contain spam, spyware or virus via the Platform. If you would like to report any suspicious messages, please contact us at our email address below.
- Right of Disclosure: You acknowledge and agree that Daikin has the right to disclose your personal information to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities or the relevant right owners, if Daikin has reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure of your personal information is necessary or desirable for the purpose of meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether voluntary or mandatory and/or as a result of cooperating with an order, an investigation and/or a request of any nature by such parties. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action and/or waive your rights to take any action against Daikin for the disclosure of your personal information in these circumstances.
- Contact: If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, request access and/or correction of your personal information, have any queries, comments or concerns, or require any help on technical or cookie-related matters, please feel free to contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) through our Contact Us page.
Daikin believes that it is important to hear feedbacks to improve on our services, and our policies. If you have any questions, concerns, about this Policy, or anything about our off-line and on-line products and services, may contact us below:
Daikin Airconditioning (Singapore) Pte Ltd
10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 Singapore 569501
Main Line: +65 6583 8888